What’s Happening at
The Scratching Post . . .
1. CATOBERFEST: October 17, 2015
For a quarter of a century, The Scratching Post has been rescuing and finding homes for cats of all ages. The shelter has truly been a labor of love for the people whose lives all of our cats have touched. One of The Scratching Post’s biggest events of the year has been a Silent Auction. This year, we are shaking things up a little and turning the Silent Action into CAToberfest!, an Octoberfest themed event which includes dinner, silent auction, raffle, split the pot, bake sale, mystery bags, a “buy it now” table and doors prizes. As in years past, all proceeds will go towards The Scratching Posts’ Molly's Fund. Molly’s fund covers all of The Scratching Posts’ medical bills for all our feline friends that make it to our shelter.
CAToberfest! will be held at the Shriner's Hall in Evendale. Tickets are $20.00 in advance or $25.00 at the door (includes dinner). Festivities will include an Octoberfest Feast from Jack’s Catering (bratwurst, mettwurst, iItalian sausage, hot dogs, hamburgers, black bean veggie burgers, potato salad, cream style cole slaw, pasta salad, cucumber salad and baked beans) and your choice of water, soda or coffee. A cash bar will be available for beer and wine, after all, it is CAToberfest! season. So let's celebrate and party until the cats get homes (or 9:00 pm)!
CAToberfest! Donations Needed
We are now accepting artwork, gift cards, new items of a $20.00 value or more (items need not be cat related), monetary items (we will shop for you. Please ear mark your donation “auction”).
Donations will be accepted up till September 30, 2015. You may bring your donation to the Shelter or Meow Mart.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 12 (noon).
Thursday 9:00am - 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Meow Mart Hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
A big thank you from the Auction Committee!
2. The Rusty Ball: October 24, 2015
Come join us for a night of dancing and fun as we listen to the Rusty Griswalds and raise money for our shelter!
The Rusty Ball is: hosted by The Spirit of Cincinnatus and The Rusty Griswolds, The Rusty Ball is Cincinnati’s premier collaborative fundraiser.
Begun in November 2008, the event has generated $1,915,286 in support of 333 charitable organizations throughout the region. Imagine 4,000+ attendees coming together, each supporting their charity of choice from among our beneficiaries, helping to raise dollars that stay in our community. It doesn't get much sweeter than that!
Their motto: In Every Crowd, We See A Community
Link to buy tickets: https://tickets.therustyball.com/
*Don't forget to choose The Scratching Post as your beneficiary!*
Ways to Become Involved with The Post
1) Have your cat become a 2016 Calendar Cat! The Scratching Post will be publishing a 2016 calendar and we need YOUR photos! Do you have an irresistible photo of your cat, or do you have a photo of your Scratching Post adoptee? If so please fill out this form and return by October 15, 2015.
2) Purchase one of our 25th Anniversary T-Shirts for only $25! What a fun way to show your support for The Scratching Post and add some new fashion to your wardrobe! Orders can be placed online here. Make sure to get your shirt before we sell out!
3) Did you ever hear about picssavingpets.com? If you want a picture of your pet on a coffee mug, workout thermo, refrigerator magnet, tote bag, mouse pad, phone cover, holiday cards, t-shirts and more..we have the purrrrrfect idea! If you do order your print on your favorite item, make sure to pick "The Scratching Post" as your charity where we get a portion of the proceeds.
4) Speedway Gas station points project. There is another way to help the shelter through your Speedy Rewards. It is possible to transfer your points to The Scratching Post at the kiosk inside any Speedway Gas Station or the Speedway web site at speedyrewards.com. The Scratching Post account number is 406071 582207. By transferring your points, the shelter would use the points for needed supplies for the cats via a Visa Card.
5) Kitty Food? Toys? Cleaning supplies? Office supplies? Stop by and check out our new Amazon Wishlist to see what the shelter's needs are and send an order straight to us from the comfort of your own home. It's SO simple!
6) Are you aware that every time you shop Amazon for ANYTHING, the Scratching Post can get a portion of what you spend and all you have to do is sign up once! It's automatic!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Scratching Post.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support the Scratching Post by starting your shopping today here!
7) If you shop at GFS (Gordon Food Service), before paying make sure to indicate "The Scratching Post" for your charity choice. This way the we get points depending on what is bought for rebate reward.
1) Think The Scratching Post is great? Want to tell the world how amazing the shelter was in finding your furry friend? ...Then check out Angie's List and write us a purrrrrrfect review today!
2) RIP Sweet Molly. Molly is the namesake for our Molly's Fund, which helps pay for special medical needs for our cats. Years ago a polyp was found in Molly's ear and she had to travel to Columbus for the surgery since it wasn't done locally at that time. The successful and expensive surgery was partially paid for by donations from some wonderful supporters, so we decided to establish Molly's Fund, to help pay for other medical procedures that might come up at the shelter. Many cats have benefited by the fund..Stanton, Johnny Fever, Baby Bear and of course Hope. Molly was a loving, wonderful girl who would purr nonstop. She died the morning of 9/16/13 peacefully from kidney failure. Supporting Molly and other cats like her today by donating to the Molly Fund. A donation to Molly's Fund would be a loving tribute to a very special cat who will be greatly missed.
3) Partners for Pets Quarterly $5,000 Give-a-way:
Visit the following websites for more information: