What’s Happening at
The Scratching Post . . .
An evening of Fun, Food, Shopping
September 10, 2016
UAW Local 863
10708 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
All proceeds from this year's event will support the general operating fund of The Scratching Post: food, medical issues, utilities, building maintenance.
Reservations: $20 on or before September 6, 2016
After September 6 or at the door they are $30
DOORS OPEN AT 5 PM
Split the Pot
(A chance to win $50.00)
Pet Mystery Bags
Buy it Now
Cat Toys from the Meow Mart
DINNER AT 6:15 PM
Catered by Hilvers Catering:
All Beef Quarter Pound Hamburgers
Queen City Sausage, Brats, Metts, Spicy Metts & Hot Dogs
Hot Seasoned Baked Beans
American Potato Salad
Warm German Potato Salad
Creamy Cole Slaw
Snacks, Soft Drinks, Water, Coffee Included
Cash Bar for Beer & Wine
NEW Meow Mart Hours
|Wednesday||3 - 6 PM|
|Thursday||1 - 8 PM|
|Friday||3 - 6 PM|
|Saturday||12 - 4 PM|
|Sunday||12 - 4 PM|
*Make sure to write down the new hours and visit us at the Meow Mart for all your cat needs! The Meow Mart even has cat-themed gifts for the family & friends in your lives!
How to Help The Post
Dear Scratching Post Friend -
As we wrap up our 25th year, The Scratching Post would like to thank all our members for their generosity. Without your help we never would have made it this far.
Do you know that we take in over 120 abandoned kittens and cats every year? Each new kitten and cat that comes into our facility has a health screening and is given a series of shots and vaccinations before being introduced to the general population in our shelter. While almost everyone eventually gets adopted and finds a home we continually strive to ensure all our cats are fit and healthy, however next to food and litter, continued health care is one of our most expensive budget items we face every year. We typically spend upwards of $2,500 - $3,000 a month on veterinary bills, medication and emergency veterinary procedures with costs rising every year.
We would like you to consider donating to our Molly Fund Campaign, or consider making a contribution in a friends name as their holiday gift. All proceeds will help pay for the medical needs of our feline friends at the shelter. This includes follow-up health screenings, medications, and emergency procedures for every cat in the shelter.
Gideon is a long time hallway resident at the shelter. If you come in during open hours, he will be napping on the front counter to greet you. He is a big, fluffy fellow that loves to be petted, eat cat treats, and sleep in the sun. He is a middle aged gentleman at this point in his life and at his last medical check-up, it became apparent that he had periodontal disease. He will most likely need a full mouth teeth extraction which can be a costly procedure. He is just one example of an aging part of our shelter cat population. We have about 30 cats that have been at the shelter as long as Gideon. Most of them are in need of teeth cleanings and/or partial extractions in order to keep their oral health at top notch. With each dental procedure costing around $300 dollars, we are looking at over $9,000 dollars in medical expenses to keep our cats healthy.
Minerva came into the shelter a couple months ago as a mother with a litter of kittens. All of her kittens have been adopted, but Minerva is still here. She is super loving and calm kitty. As soon as all her kittens were weened, she had a full medical exam done. We sadly found that she has a pretty significant heart arrhythmia. We are going to have a full cardio workup done on her at MedVets to see what is causing it. Hopefully, we can then treat her condition. In addition to this, her time on the streets has caused damage to her teeth and mouth. So she also needs a dental cleaning. All of these procedures are going to cost a minimum of $800 dollars. Maybe even more, once we figure out what is wrong with her.
Ways to Become Involved with The Post
1) Purchase one of our 25th Anniversary T-Shirts for only $25! What a fun way to show your support for The Scratching Post and add some new fashion to your wardrobe! Orders can be placed online here. Make sure to get your shirt before we sell out!
2) Did you ever hear about picssavingpets.com? If you want a picture of your pet on a coffee mug, workout thermo, refrigerator magnet, tote bag, mouse pad, phone cover, holiday cards, t-shirts and more..we have the purrrrrfect idea! If you do order your print on your favorite item, make sure to pick "The Scratching Post" as your charity where we get a portion of the proceeds.
3) Speedway Gas station points project. There is another way to help the shelter through your Speedy Rewards. It is possible to transfer your points to The Scratching Post at the kiosk inside any Speedway Gas Station or the Speedway web site at speedyrewards.com. The Scratching Post account number is 406071 582207. By transferring your points, the shelter would use the points for needed supplies for the cats via a Visa Card.
4) Kitty Food? Toys? Cleaning supplies? Office supplies? Stop by and check out our new Amazon Wishlist to see what the shelter's needs are and send an order straight to us from the comfort of your own home. It's SO simple!
5) Are you aware that every time you shop Amazon for ANYTHING, the Scratching Post can get a portion of what you spend and all you have to do is sign up once! It's automatic!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Scratching Post.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support the Scratching Post by starting your shopping today here!
6) If you shop at GFS (Gordon Food Service), before paying make sure to indicate "The Scratching Post" for your charity choice. This way the we get points depending on what is bought for rebate reward.
1) Think The Scratching Post is great? Want to tell the world how amazing the shelter was in finding your furry friend? ...Then check out Angie's List and write us a purrrrrrfect review today!
2) Partners for Pets Quarterly $5,000 Give-a-way:
Visit the following websites for more information: